New book available - Mastering Identity and Access Management with Microsoft Azure
by Jochen Nickel
"Start empowering users and protecting corporate data, while managing Identities and Access with Microsoft"
Microsoft Azure and its Identity and Access Management is at the heart of Microsoft’s Software as a Service, including Office 365, Dynamics CRM, and Enterprise Mobility Management. It is an essential tool to master in order to effectively work with the Microsoft Cloud. Through practical, project based learning this book will impart that mastery.
Beginning with the basics of features and licenses, this book quickly moves on to the user and group lifecycle required to design roles and administrative units for role-based access control (RBAC). Learn to design Azure AD to be an identity provider and provide flexible and secure access to SaaS applications. Get to grips with how to configure and manage users, groups, roles, and administrative units to provide a user- and group-based application and self-service access including the audit functionality.
Next find out how to take advantage of managing common identities with the Microsoft Identity Manager 2016 and build cloud identities with the Azure AD Connect utility. Construct blueprints with different authentication scenarios including multi-factor authentication. Discover how to configure and manage the identity synchronization and federation environment along with multi -factor authentication, conditional access, and information protection scenarios to apply the required security functionality.
Finally, get recommendations for planning and implementing a future-oriented and sustainable identity and access management strategy.
You will be placed in three points of view—the business decision maker, the architect, and the system engineer—and find all the important reference information for your role. Furthermore, you will learn to describe the main benefits a company receives if you include Microsoft Azure identity and access management features in the actual or planned IT environment.
- Apply technical descriptions and solution architectures directly to your business needs and deployments
- Identify and manage business drivers and architecture changes to transition between different scenarios
- Understand and configure all relevant Identity and Access Management key features and concepts
- Implement simple and complex directory integration, authentication, and authorization scenarios
- Get to know about modern identity management, authentication, and authorization protocols and standards
- Implement and configure a modern information protection solution
- Integrate and configure future improvements in authentication and authorization functionality of Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016